Thursday, December 10, 2015

Oh What Fun Christmas cards

Making Christmas cards has always been a favourite past time around this time, but this year I needed some quick and easy solutions to get my Holiday card making started! Enter the Heidi Swapp Oh What Fun Fun Winter and Oh What Fun Christmas  Project Life value kits!
Being able to use the 3x4 and 4x6 cards from the Project Life kits to form the focal point of my Christmas cards makes it such an easy way to get the card making party started!
For my first card I grabbed one of the 4x6 vellum cards from the Winter kit and used my circle cutter to cut out the laughing all the way sentiment. I then trimmed a slightly larger circle from white cardstock and used my tiny attacher to adhere them together. I then attached the circle with some foam tape to the glitter paper  from the Oh What Fun glitter paper pad! To complete I adhered a bow using ribbon from the Oh What Fun collection.


For my next card I started with that gorgeous JOY 4x6 clear card from the Christmas core kit.
I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to the same size and used a tiny gold clip to hold them together. I then used the December die and some of the gold cardstock from the glitter paper  set to die cut the December word. I adhered the word over the top of the clear card and then tied some thin ribbon to complete.


For my third card I used one of the clear Acrylic 3x4 cards from the Christmas core kit with that gorgeous gold reindeer. I cut the card to fit on top of one of the 4 x4 Minc Christmas cards that I foiled with some Gold foil! I then simply layered pattern paper from the Oh What Fun 6x6 paper pad under the card!


To finish off I added one of Heidi's bows from the Sticker collection to my deer! The perfect finishing touch!



These cards took me just a few minutes to make, I hope I have inspired you to get those Christmas cards made!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

What fabulously cute cards! I love cards with bows too!

Lizzy Hill said...

Gorgeous cards! They all look so different...love the layered up look of the deer one with the gold. DROOL!