Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The first 6 weeks - My Memory Planner

Today I wanted to share the first 6 weeks of my Heidi Swapp Memory Planner Album . I am totally in love with this concept. It's so quick and easy but also allows for a bit of creativity as well.
A while back I shared my cover but for those who haven't seen it I did a bit of mixed media and finished with a coat of modge podge to protect it.


The first double page spread for January.


 When I was a CHA I had all the girls from the Media team  leave me a message. I added a qr code of my son and his lego and added in my goals.

 
I filled my pocket pages with significant photos and some art work from my son.


 Turning the pocket page....


I added in memorabilia from my trip  to Anaheim.


I then added in some extra pages  using this technique I shared here on Instagram.






Even my youngest son's kissing hand he made on the first day of school.


January was a big month so I also added in some extra photos in another pocket page . I stapled it to the top of the calendar page and it lifts up.....


To reveal more photos underneath.


The calendar page allows you to record a memory for each day. So quick and easy!


Then comes February. Here I share the double page spread with the prompts page on the left.


I added in some personal thoughts under my photo.


I used my round Epiphany Crafts tool  plus the free printable from Heidi's blog to create this charm.


Next,  using the same technique as above I added in a card I received in the mail from the lovely Jamie Pate.


I used an 8x10 plastic sleeve to hold my husband's valentines card he gave me.


Again my pocket pages hold important photos for the month.


The start of my memory keeping  for February on the calendar page.


I used a circle punch to punch out parts of  photos and added them into some of the dates.


I can't wait to share more as the year goes on.
Photobucket

16 comments:

Sandra said...

Kim thanks for sharing such a special file. I love every bit.

Adel Otto said...

Love it, Kim! Thanks for the great tips and ideas. I will incorporate the hole punched addition tonight. And yes circle punch pics for certain days;)

Adel Otto said...

Love it, Kim! I'm going to use the hole punched addition tonight😉😘

Ashley Horton said...

Such a great album Kim!! Love all of the fun bits you included!!

Tammy said...

Man! I have got to get to Michaels! I have to have one of these!
Love your ideas.

Conroy Family Of 3 said...

Thanks for sharing. Very nice.

Lizzyc said...

Wow Kim, I am in total awe of your memory keeping,it looks wonderful, so cute and all those special moments and memorabilia too.. This looks amazing, and I look forward to seeing more of it!!

Nathalie said...

This looks awesome and so so much fun!!! I love how it is a mix of smash book and Project Life! I just love the whole thing + it really looks like you are having fun in the process :)

Leanne said...

ah-maz-zing!!! LOVE it all..x

jamie said...

Oh my goodness Kimmie....this is amaze-balls!!! I am in love with your planner. Your creativity never stops.
~jamie

Lizzy Hill said...

Such a NEAT & easy peasy way to document the year...looooove those little calendar circles where you pop a quick word or two...that charm is gorgeous & the extra pages...well, you're always clever at doing that sorta thing!!!! TFS:):):)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Wow! Girl! Amazing! Would love to hold and flip through this!

patty said...

stunning kim!
xoxo...
-p

alexandra s.m. said...

So so beautiful and inspiring Kim!
You are truly an inspiration and I'm grateful for that!
xx

Marelize said...

It looks amazing Kim! What a gorgeous keepsake. :) xx

Tarrah McLean said...

So much beautiful work has gone in to this amazing project Kim, I just love every bit of it....the extra stapled pages are brilliant....gorgeous stuff :)