Friday, October 11, 2013

the missing teeth

My eldest lost his top two teeth at the beginning of the year and the replacecment teeth are yet to make an appearance. I thought I would create a layout to remember this time in his life.
We were lucky this week on the Heidi Swapp blog to join up with Core'dinations cardstock ,both teams showcased some beautiful projects.
I used the Believe collection from Heidi Swapp and the Brights and Jillian collections from Core'dinations.


I am totally in love with the Epiphany crafts tool that creates little epoxy embellishments, this one uses the hexagon 25 tool. It sits  above a star from the new Color Magic ephemera pack from Heidi Swapp  that I spritzed in Tinsel Colorshine.


I managed to sneak in a Christmas flair from Greatest View!  You can see the Jillian dot Cardstock here from Core'dinations that I sanded to reveal to the coloured core inside.


 I love the distressed feel a bit of sanding gives to the Core'dinations cardstock.



Photobucket

15 comments:

Ashley Horton said...

Love this page Kim, and the use of the Christmas line to go along with the song for your title! :) Our oldest, hasn't had any of her teeth come out! Poor thing had to have 4 of her bottom teeth pulled!!

Chloe said...

Gorgeous Kim!! Love how the stitched circle draws the eye around the page :) ... super cute pic! Don't they grow up quick :/

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh this is perfectly cute!!! Love it, Kim!! :D

Lizzyc said...

This is a fabulous layout to remember this time.. I do hope he gets his teeth by chrithmath!!! hehe! love the fun embellies!

Lizzy Hill said...

a REALLY nice...specially the flair & I'm loving the staples on the alphas....like the way you've designed this fun page, too:):):)) got that stupid song going thru my head, tho!!!!!!

sophie said...

lovely Kim!! love how you use this line for a non christmas layout!:)

Heather Jacob said...

one word .. Brilliant x

Unknown said...

Sweet page! Perfect theme for the picture!

katslittlepassion said...

awww what a sweet page!!!!!! :)

Marelize said...

Awww, what a priceless pic! I love it when they are 'toothless'. It doesn't last very long as their teeth seem to grow back so quickly and before you know it, they don't speak that funny anymore!
Beautiful layout! xx

Kerryn said...

I had no front teeth for a couple of years when I was little. My front teeth had to be taken out early because of an abscess. My dad used to call me the toothless wanderer! Nice hey! LOL. This page is totally fabulous Kim!!

Leanne said...

This is just fabulous Kim!!!!!

Tarrah McLean said...

My new favourite layout of yours Kim, I just adore all the pops of colour and every element you have used, beautiful work as always :)

Unknown said...

What a good idea to document this! I'm sure it will make for some laughs later. We documented my daughter's first time at the dentist in Edmonton and ended up with some pretty hilarious shots. It's all about the simple joys in life. :)

Dental Circle Group said...

Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking. SW Edmonton dentist